GERM 401P
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

First Day at Rosewood

2 verfasser

Nach unten

First Day at Rosewood Empty First Day at Rosewood

Beitrag von bhare97 Mo Jan 23, 2017 6:28 pm

I think the first day went very well given that only one of you guys had done anything like this before. I was impressed with the amount of the target language used in both rooms and even more surprised by how well the students began to understand the phrases. Walking into the first group's room, I noticed that the kids were attentive and even excited. Right away, one girl stated that she had been in the German class the previous semester, so it was cool to see that she already knew some of the words and phrases they introduced. Aaron and Logan began with how to say your name and how to ask someone's name and asked the kids to build groups of 2 or 3 to practice asking each other. I think that moving around to the different groups a little bit more could have engaged some of the students better and would have helped the process along (as well as letting the kids hear the way words are pronounced more times). I also think more seamless fluidity between activities would help keep the students from getting distracted, but that will develop with practice. I went into Devin and Ethan's room during the "guten tag, etc." activity and I liked the various activities you had prepared (notecards, matching the correct phrase to correct time of day). Both Devin and Logan had visible enthusiasm while teaching the kids (eg. when Logan made the students answer confidently in unison). I think this is an important thing to do--to make sure every student is on the same page. One aspect that I know could be improved on was the constant utilization of English in Devin and Logan's lesson. While it was in no way obtrusive or detrimental to the lesson, I think challenging yourselves to find creative ways to convey meaning while still speaking German will only help you. Overall, I think more involved lesson planning and prior practice will be something to invest in as we move forward. Proper planning should keep things moving and keep the students engaged.

bhare97

Anzahl der Beiträge : 19

Nach oben Nach unten

First Day at Rosewood Empty Der ersten Unterrichtstag

Beitrag von dmkelley Mo Jan 23, 2017 9:27 pm

Heute war erfolgreich. Die Kinder sind sehr süß und sehr klug. Meiner Meinung nach wir haben ein guter Unterrichtsstunde gehabt. Wir haben die Lieder gesungen und die Videos gezeigt. Wir haben auch viele Materialen mitgebracht und auch eine Karte die Kinder nach Hause nehmen können. Jedoch wir haben nichts genug getan. Wir hatten ein bisschen zeit am Ende und könnten wir mehr machen. Die Kinder haben das Zeil mit "er heißt, sie heißt" nicht gelungen. Und das war unsere Schuld. Nächstes Mal würden wir mehr Aktivitäten machen und würden mehr Bildmaterial benutzen damit die Kinder können besser verstehen.

dmkelley

Anzahl der Beiträge : 33

Nach oben Nach unten

Befugnisse in diesem Forum
Sie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten